Singing into the Netgear router will allow you to customize the settings and even set up your wireless router. Netgear routers come with the responsive web-based interface. You will not require any installation software or CD to access your Netgear wireless router. You will be amazed to know that you can customize the settings of your wireless router even without having an Internet connection. Only a basic connection between your router, modem, and the computer is required. So in this article, we will show you how to sign into Netgear router. But before that hardware connection is a must. So we will also mention steps for hardware connection between your physical devices.
Before we proceed to show you how to sign into Netgear router, make sure you have connected your Netgear wireless router with your existing ISP modem and the computer. Follow the below-given steps:
- Connect your TP-Link wireless router with the ISP modem via Ethernet cable. Plug in the one end of the Ethernet cable into the Gigabit Ethernet port on the Netgear router and connect another end to the ISP modem. Now, using another Ethernet cable, connect your Netgear router with the computer.
- Now, plug in the power adapter of your router into the power outlet and power On your router.
- Wait for few seconds before your router gets started and then connect your computer with router’s wireless network.
Now that you have connected your devices with each other, we will proceed to access Netgear router:
Singing into Netgear router
Now that you have completed hardware connections, you have to proceed to main steps to know how to sign into Netgear router. Follow below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Before you start with the log in process, look for the default IP of your router on the back. There are wireless settings of your wireless router mentioned on the back.
- Now open any browser and enter the IP address of your wireless router into the address bar and click Go.
- A small login-window will appear on your screen asking for router login username and password. Enter the default values of your wireless router (written on the back of your router) and click login.
Now if you can see the web-based interface of your wireless router, it means you have successfully signed into your wireless router. Here you can customize all the network settings of your wireless router. You can set up wireless security and check the status of your network
As you have signed into your Netgear router, you might need to sign into your router again in future. You don’t have to worry for the next time now as you can use the same steps as mentioned above to sign into your router. In case you face an issue and you are not able to solve it, simply look for the reset button and press it. Now hold it for a few seconds and your router will restart. You will need to configure your router again so that it gets hooked up with the Internet. We hope that this article helped you to know how to sign into Netgear router.